Thursday 24 October 2013

Write a journal entry from the point of view of the character that you most identify with in the novel. Explore their responses to key events and characters.

Today the Taliban came into my house and took my father away. The knocked the door down and stormed into our house demanding for my father. My mother leapt to her feet, as Ali and Maryam hid in the corner of the room. Nooria just managed to cover herself in her chador, but I couldn't move. I sat there, frozen, watching the soldiers. Two of them grabbed my father while the others began searching our apartment, making a huge mess. I couldn't breathe, and I didn't know what to do. My mother screamed at the men to leave him alone, but they just demanded answers from my father. One of the soldiers hit my father and blood starting dripping from his face. None of us could move, except for my mother who starting hitting the soldiers with her fists. The soldiers hit my mother before dragging my father out the door. My mother lay on the ground while I sat there, still frozen, my heart beating at a million miles per second. I was so worried for my father. I didn't know when or if he would come back, and I lay awake all night thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment