Wednesday 16 October 2013

Write about your initial response to the novel. Are you enjoying it so far? Why/why not? Which characters interest you the most? Comment on the writing style, opening chapter, character development.

I really enjoyed the book Parvana, because I hadn't read a book like it before. It was really interesting and I learnt a lot about the Taliban and Afghanistan. The character Parvana, who was an 11 year old girl really interested me because her life is so different to mine, and I learnt what she had to go through each day, and the struggles her and her family had. It made me feel really sorry for her, because her family struggled each day just to have enough water to drink and food to eat. The book is written from the narrators point of view, and explains the troubles that Parvana went through but still showed what was going on around them. The opening chapter was intriguing and told us enough about Parvana and her family to know what their life situation was, and to already feel sorry for them. It made me want to keep reading to find out where Parvana and her family would end up. In the first part of the book there is no real character development, the characters are just introduced and  we are told what is going on around them.

                



No comments:

Post a Comment